Dublin Core Element : Coverage
The qualifiers belows are recommended for the Coverage element:
- Definition: The extent or scope of the content of the resource.
- Comment: Coverage will typically include spatial location (a place name or geographic coordinates), temporal period (a period label, date, or date range) or jurisdiction (such as a named administrative entity). Recommended best practice is to select a value from a controlled vocabulary (for example, the Thesaurus of Geographic Names [TGN]) and that, where appropriate, named places or time periods be used in preference to numeric identifiers such as sets of coordinates or date ranges.
- Definition: Spatial characteristics of the intellectual content of the resoure.
- Definition: Date (often a range) of validity of a resource.
Encoding Schemes for Coverage.Spatial:
- DCMI Point
- Definition: The DCMI Point identifies a point in space using its geographic coordinates. See also: http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-point/
- ISO 3166
- Definition: ISO 3166 Codes for the representation of names of countries. See also: http://www.din.de/gremien/nas/nabd/iso3166ma/codlstp1/index.html
- DCMI Box
- Definition: The DCMI Box identifies a region of space using its geographic limits. See also: http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-box/
- Definition: The Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names See also: http://shiva.pub.getty.edu/tgn_browser/
Encoding Schemes for Coverage.Temporal: